Server at home

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Fri Mar 4 13:50:22 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 12:34 -0700, Thad Van Ry wrote:
> Okay, now that we all know the pluses and minuses of hosting a server
> on your own. :) I have a different question aimed at those of you who
> host your "hobby" website/e-mail servers at your house. I'm curious as
> to what ISP you use. Also mode of connection. (i.e. DSL, T1 (at
> home?), Wireless, or Cable)

OneWest.net, which happens to be my employer. Sorry, we're not in
Utah. :(

>  I'd also like to know what happens to your
> e-mail when/if your internet connection drops off. Do you have
> multiple mail exchange records at different places?

My DNS is externally hosted by zoneedit.com. You just can't afford to
have DNS be down. Works great, free for up to 5 domains.

I'm a firm believer that backup MX records are a Bad Thing(tm) or at
least an Unnecessary Thing(tm) and therefore I don't bother.

Corey