Server at home

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Mar 4 13:01:25 MST 2005

XMission (DSL).

If the internet is down (or my server itself) for any reasonable amount
of time (e.g. a couple of hours or a day or two max) then mail gets
delivered as it should with no effort. Mail servers retry at least for a
couple of hours and usually for a couple of days. I do have arrangments
with friends and family to do backup MX, although I'm not entirely
convinced that I've ever really needed it. It's nice to have the peace
of mind anyway.