Server at home

Thad Van Ry tvanry at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:34:10 MST 2005

Okay, now that we all know the pluses and minuses of hosting a server
on your own. :) I have a different question aimed at those of you who
host your "hobby" website/e-mail servers at your house. I'm curious as
to what ISP you use. Also mode of connection. (i.e. DSL, T1 (at
home?), Wireless, or Cable) I'd also like to know what happens to your
e-mail when/if your internet connection drops off. Do you have
multiple mail exchange records at different places? Remember this is
about a hobby/family server. Not business servers. Not mission
critical stuff.
Thanks.
Thad