In-house Hosting Options

Peter Bowen peter at bowenfamily.org
Fri Mar 4 10:27:27 MST 2005

L - O - L  I wonder how many users my fam server would support with 70
Tflops of computing power.  I think with 32K procs I would have to
definately co-locate that baby.  I'll bet that the monthly power bill
would be more than any computer I'll ever own.  L - O - L!

    BTW - I/O was my point not processing power.  When I was a kid...
pre-pc we used to go to Radio Shack and load the cheapo computer with a
basic script that counted to 10K.  Well the cheapo computer could count
faster than the expensive computer.  So it was faster right.... well at
counting it was, but it wasn't as powerful with actual math and
calculation and it had a ton less memory.  Same thing - sure a cluster
of 300 PCs is computationally faster, than an E10K,but I stand by my
statement... every job has a tool.

-Peter