In-house Hosting Options

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Fri Mar 4 10:00:16 MST 2005

Most of the ones I checked out were not local, just did some google
action to get a general idea of the cost.  This is all very new to me,
so not sure on all the lingo.  By "rent" I mean instead of buying a 1U
server and then driving it down to them, you choose one from them.  I
guess that is "dedicated", it's definately not shared hosting.  Entire
server is still yours, just not for keeps. ;)  To rent a server from
UVNet it is from $39 to $100+.  I imagine many of the companies around
here have similar plans.  Next time I'll definately look local before
hitting google, that's a big price difference.

Eric Jensen