subversion woes!

Scott Paul Robertson spr at
Fri Mar 4 09:33:29 MST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:47:26PM -0700, tuxgirl at wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:33:14PM -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> > I'm not sure how you have it set up but can you check out
> > `svn checkout file:///src/svn` and grab the other directories with it?
> well, this didn't work for that problem, but it did solve another
> problem i've had with svn...  apparently, file:///src/svn points to evilwm
> (which explains why evilwm doesn't have a directory in /src/svn)...
> > See this from the docs:
> >
> this requires a working copy of the file (from what i can tell from my
> experimentation), which is what i'm currently trying to get...
> >
> > And some random page...
> > Reads:
> i checked, and ensured that all the files are chmodded to 777, so i
> don't see how this could end up being a permission denied error...
> unfortunately...

Have you tried dumping your whole subversion repository. If you cna get
a dump you can recreate the repository from that.

svnadmin dump /path/to/repos 0:HEAD > file

will do the trick. Loading it back via:

svadmin load /path/to/newrepos < file

svn dumps as plain text so as long as something can pull it out..

Scott Paul Robertson