Hosting on at your own location

Peter Bowen peter at bowenfamily.org
Fri Mar 4 08:42:43 MST 2005

Nick,
    I looked long and hard at cable... it's so cheap and the bandwidth
is hard to beat - even at 512.  The only problem as mentioned is the
static IP thing.  If you're hosting a low volume family site, then the
near staic IP is fine - who really cares if the photos are unavailalble
for half a day - It usually takes me at least that long to notice if
there's a problem.  On the other hand, if it's mission critical - what
the heck are you doing running it at home? :)  I use DSL since I didn't
want to have to change the DNS, but over the last three years, my ISP
has renumbered twice, so I've had to do it anyway.  I do get 1.5 up and
down though, so I can't complain.

-Peter