subversion woes!

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Mar 3 23:10:53 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 22:43, tuxgirl at gmail.com wrote:
> However, it gave me the following errors:
> Repository lock acquired.
> Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
> svn: Unknown FS type 'bdb'
>
> I'm assuming it's having problems with the berkeley db, but I'm not sure
> why, or why it wouldn't be having problems on the other projects in the
> repository... I'm pretty sure that subversion is not using berkdb,
> that's confusing me.

You most definitely are using berkely db. That's how subversion works.
Whereas cvs stores all your source files as files, subversion sticks
them into a berkley db. I don't know all the details, but that's the
20,000 foot view.

I have no idea what you broke, though. Have you tried the subversion
mailing list?

Corey