In-house Hosting Options

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Thu Mar 3 14:24:31 MST 2005

Not used to living in a well populated area, where I used to live
(Price, which is more Southern Utah) a massive portion of the state
would be out internet at least once a year because of a back-ho (sp?)
snapping some cable.  Even places like ISPs, colleges, etc were dead.
Not being quite so podunk does change that thought.  Need to remember
that fact. ;)

This will start to be a pretty small operation, so the idea of having
the servers at my finger tips and all that really sounded appealing.  I
initially was leaning toward co-location, but just the "neat" factor
turned me around.  But it sounds like that really is the best option,
especially for the price tag.  As "lame" as that may be.

Thanks for all the feedback, gave me a lot of options to look at.

Eric