In-house Hosting Options

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Thu Mar 3 12:45:03 MST 2005

We have a standard 1.5mb DSL line for everybody to use.  The static IP
line will only be for the web server.  We will be hosting large things
like image galleries, virtual tours, etc.  So bandwidth is a consern.

So I take that's what the advantage of T1s are?  I never understood that
either as DSL can go faster then a T1 and significantly cheaper, but I
haven't seen a way to combine the bandwidth for one IP.  I've also seen
DC3 connections from a few ISPs that are up to 20,000 a month.  But
still at a very poor bandwidth.  I just don't understand what makes
these different connections so special.

Eric