Broadvoice

Jayce^ jason at infogenix.com
Thu Mar 3 12:15:55 MST 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 11:04 am, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 09:04 -0700, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> > They look like a competitor to Vonage (www.vonage.com).
> > Have you considered switching to them?
>
> Yeah, they are competitors.  No, I haven't considered switching.  Vonage
> and many others don't have a straight forward "softphone" option (there
> are work arounds - but who needs that?).  Broad voice basically gives
> you your SIP info and you are free to use it however you would like. For
> me, that means Asterisk.  The others often tie your service to a piece
> of hardware.

Well, I am now allowed to say that later this year there will be another large
competitor in this market.  My company (United Online, NetZero) will be
releasing a VOIP product this year.  Inside talk is it will support all forms
of usage (from pc, skype, phone, etc).  So stick around, and there will be
another big player in the market.

--
Jayce^