Broadvoice

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Mar 3 11:04:50 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 09:04 -0700, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> They look like a competitor to Vonage (www.vonage.com).
> Have you considered switching to them?

Yeah, they are competitors.  No, I haven't considered switching.  Vonage
and many others don't have a straight forward "softphone" option (there
are work arounds - but who needs that?).  Broad voice basically gives
you your SIP info and you are free to use it however you would like. For
me, that means Asterisk.  The others often tie your service to a piece
of hardware.  That mindset is to much like the phone company I just got
rid of.

The VoIP ride will be a bit bumpy but I'm up for it.  I'm also fortunate
that my wife is understanding and easy going ;)

Gabe