Kenneth Burgener kenneth at
Wed Jun 29 11:28:40 MDT 2005

Von Fugal wrote:
> Just wondering if any of you have seen going through a private network
> range like this (I tried traceroute to some other addresses, they all go
> through it) and what your thoughts are in general on these lame
> traceroute results.
> Von Fugal

According to the following article:

"Visibility of private IP addresses doesn't necessarily (or even
usually) mean that the route does not work. It is often simply the way
the administrators of the target network have set up their system. In
fact, the output above, despite the private IP address and the timeouts,
shows a route that works perfectly well for web access."