Matches in a database.

Matthew Walker matt at
Tue Jun 28 15:25:29 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 14:26 -0600, Von Fugal wrote:
> It is doable, and not so hard. What's NOT doable is including step 4 in
> "The One Query".
> Some have given some ideas already, but to specifically return results
> where there ARE duplicates of sessid, something like this...
> select *, count(sessid) as cnt from CDR group by sessid having cnt > 1
> that will give you all occurences where theres a duplicate sessid,
> though you don't know _which_ duplicate row you will get.
> But finding one query aside, why don't you just put a unique key on
> sessid so there cannot be duplicates?
> Von Fugal

Hmmm. I need to learn to use HAVING. I'm self taught, and have always
just used WHERE. Thanks for showing us how to do this.
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.