HP DDS3 Tape Drive About to die?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Jun 24 13:56:10 MDT 2005

I have an HP DDS3 tape drive which I suspect is about to die. It
refuses to accept two brand new tapes, and is getting crankier and
crankier about which tapes it will accept. I do use a head cleaner.

HP's LTT diagnostics don't run on Fedora Core 3 and it appears HP has
no interest in adapting them to do so.

Any suggestions for other diagnostic SW?