disable auto-configuration of resolv.conf

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:55:06 MDT 2005

On 6/22/05, Steve Dibb <steve at wonkabar.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a quick hack so I can get some boxes so they can't
> get on the Internet, but can still our intranet at work.

Quick DNS hack for dhclient.  If you're running another DHCP client,
then obviously this won't work.  Add the following line to
/etc/dhclient.conf -- or create that file if it doesn't exist.  On
some distros the file will need to be /etc/dhclient-eth0.conf (fedora
is this way, I don't know about Kubuntu).

supersede domain-name-servers;

Where is the IP of your internal DNS server.