Help! Server mainboard emits dual-tone alarm and does nothing else

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at
Wed Jun 22 19:51:39 MDT 2005

Doran Barton wrote:
> Every time I power up the system, it does nothing for about 15 seconds and
> then the onboard speaker begins emiting a dual-tone alarm. It sounds like a
> British ambulance.
> I've tried configuring the system as a single-CPU. I've tried the
> "disconnect everything" approach. Nothing changes.

Generally the manual that comes with the motherboard will explain what
the different beeps indicate.

A quick google result returned this fairly good list:

Hopefully this list means the same for your motherboard.