help help help

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Jun 15 11:33:01 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 10:01 -0700, nikhil purwant wrote:
> does anybody know of a s/w or a program which will
> send packets and recieve packets and also note down
> the time
> at which the packet is sent and time at which the
> acknowledgement for that packet is received the
> program thus should work in timestamp fashion also
> when we talk of packets it needs to be using tcp not
> udp ( otherwise i would have used ping) so basically
> any service like ping is required here so as to know
> the round trip time
> of the packet / data .

I'm not quite certain what you're looking for. A search for "tcp ping"
reveals several programs that might be able to do what you need.
Alternatively, you could easily take one of them of UDP ping monitors
and modify it to use TCP instead.

Do you want this to monitor connection quality between two points? There
are more complete programs that can do that. Perhaps that's what you're
looking for instead.

Stuart Jansen                   e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org

using enough of it." - Chris Maden