Linux Sound

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Fri Jun 10 18:40:38 MDT 2005

Not long ago, Eric Jensen proclaimed...
> I haven't had this problem with Linux in some time.  I can only have one
> program use the sound device at a time.  Which has become increasingly
> annoying as some background app or some banner add will lock the device
> up for minutes at a time.  Any ideas how to fix this?  I'm in Suse 9.2.

It would be nice if the Flash plugin or Mozilla let you choose the sound
system you want to use. It does no good, for example, to use artsd if you
have applications that will circumvent artsd and go directly to ALSA or
OSS.

-=Fozz

 "To move the cabin, push button for wishing floor.If the cabin should
  enter more persons, each one should press a number of wishing floor.
  Driving is then going alphabetically by national order."
    -- Seen in a Belgrade hotel elevator