PERL Programmer Desired - Open Source Project

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Jun 9 16:43:13 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 14:45 -0600, Mister E wrote:
> I new here, but thought I'd give this a whirl as well...

I hope that means you will take my advice in the spirit that it is
intended.

Thank you for clearly stating that you are planning on paying almost
nothing and that you realize it probably means you'll only get someone
with no experience.

Informal English is okay for personal IM and e-mail. It makes you look
stupid when you use it in a professional context. You dangle the carrot
of possible real pay in the future, but if I were looking I'd be leery
simply because you appear unable to spell the word "for". Eventually
even students learn that un-professional companies don't offer much
opportunity. I'm not talking starched shirts and suits, just putting
one's best foot forward.

E-mailing the list by replying to a previous message and changing the
topic is called "hijacking". In this case, there was a strong
relationship between the original and your message, so it wasn't
technically a hijack. In the future, however, starting a new thread is
probably more likely to get your message noticed.

Stuart Jansen                   e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org

using enough of it." - Chris Maden