X Fonts

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Tue Jun 7 08:41:27 MDT 2005

I've had this problem for as long as I've had my laptop. When I use the
stock "nv" driver, I get nice small fonts and my gkrellm is about half
the size (very nice) and other things are less intrusive as well.
However, when using the "nvidia" driver ala the nvidia installer, my
fonts are suddenly almost double the size. gkrellm becomes larger than I
would like it and there may be other things, but it's been so long I
don't remember all that's different. I would really like to find a way
to have the small fonts again when using the nvidia driver. What would
cause such a divergence between drivers and how would one go about
reconciling those differences?

Von Fugal