[OT] interstate laws regarding electronics

Dave Smith DavidSmith at byu.net
Mon Jun 6 17:30:11 MDT 2005

Group,

This is more or less exactly off topic, and I apologize. I don't know of a
more informed corpus of geeks to which I can turn for this burning
question.

Is anyone familiar with the laws regarding the selling of electronics with
no warning labels? For example, a consumer purchases a piece of $500
electronics on the Internet from an out-of-state vendor that requires some
assembly. The gear arrives with no warnings or instructions and explodes
due to the consumer's improper wiring (causing minor injury), what options
does the consumer have in obtaining a refund if the vendor is unwilling to
provide one?

Anyone have any experiences?

Sorry again to interrupt the usual flow of always-on-topic posts. :)

--Dave