Hell has frozen over

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Mon Jun 6 15:40:46 MDT 2005

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 15:16 -0600, Eric Jensen wrote:
>

>>I make sure large hardware purchaces have return policies
>>

>That's not "trying before you buy."  It's "buying to try" with a plan to
>return it for any nitpicking reason.  Extra returns drive up the cost
>for everyone else.
>
>Sure, don't hesitate to return *bad* or *defective* hardware but do your
>homework before going to the store with your credit card.
>
>Gabe

That was just an example, most of the time I spend nearly two weeks on
the net researching and reading reviews.  But every now and then
everything I read is fantastic, but when I get the item it doesn't work
with my setup.  Not because the product is bad or anything.  Most of the
time I just eat the loss, but sometimes it is a large enough purchace to
take advantage of a 30 day return policy.  Not the best example, but it
still some what applies.

Eric