Hell has frozen over

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Jun 6 14:05:22 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 13:49 -0600, Eric Jensen wrote:
> Why would you buy a Mac just re-install it with a different Linux OS
> when you can buy/build a standard PC for much cheaper and do the same?
> I don't find this Mac move very exciting if it is just more hardware
> options for my Suse workstation.  I can already match any Mac hardware
> specs.

Hmm.  Why not ask Torvalds.  Apple makes excellent hardware no matter
what the CPU.  And at pretty competitive prices.  You can bet I'll be
running Linux on my intel Powerbook.  I'd be running it now except that
OS X is pretty good and linux support on powerbooks isn't quite there.
A shiny powerbook running linux to me will always make more sense than a
low-end wintel laptop to me.  Sex appeal is still valid.

Michael