Hell has frozen over

JStay at mediageneral.com JStay at mediageneral.com
Mon Jun 6 13:17:33 MDT 2005

> Hrm, debateable.
>
> However, it seems that Apple may be shooting themselves again
> considering that the cell processor is Power based--you'd
> think they'd want to take advantage of being closer to taking
> advantage of the new, extraordinary performance potential
> than any other architecture... but then we are talking Steve
> Jobs here.
>
> (I do realize there's no immediate benefit to the cell
> w/regards to a general purpose os, but having your entire
> platform already on the same base architecture could make
> porting speed-critical plugins (photoshop, games,
> etc) that much simpler.)

I agree it would probably perform even better on cell architecture, but
I don't know if I see Microsoft moving in that direction any time in the
near future.  I think business-wise, it makes more sense to put apple
even more in the public eye by switching to Intel.  Apple will compete
better with Microsoft on Intel.  Just think, an Intel PC that actually
works out of the box!

Jesse