Hell has frozen over

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Mon Jun 6 12:43:55 MDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:37:39PM -0600, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> Yes but Apple was never an OS or software company.  They have always
> been a Hardware company.  Do you honestly think they want to take on,
> and can take on, Dell+Wintel?  I really don't think so.  The moment
> Apple becomes just an OS/Software company is the moment they lose.

Don't hyperventilate. :)

Apple is still a hardware company.  Just because their computers will
use Intel chips doesn't mean they'll instantly become ugly.  Apple
Powerbooks will still be the shiniest laptops around, and most of their
customers won't know anything happened.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/