Hell has frozen over

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:40:05 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 12:37 -0600, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> > Well I'm being a bit facetious.  But here you go:
> >
> > http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/jun/06intel.html
>
> Doesn't say anything about dual-booting, or that Microsoft Window
> will even run on future Apple hardware.

Obviously.  I was just trying to push some people's buttons.  Looks like
it worked.

I can guarrantee you that a) Linux will boot natively very soon after
release and b) someone will figure out how to boot windows natively or
mostly-natively inside a full-speed virtual machine.

I also predict that MacOnLinux will be ported to x86 linux making
running OS X at full speed on any whitebox intel box a reality.  Whether
that is good or not (or legal) is another question.

Michael.