Hell has frozen over

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:37:39 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 14:28 -0400, JStay at mediageneral.com wrote:
> Put it this way though - finally, one OS to rule them all that's not
> Microsoft.  Apple, who does it right, and sells PCs, not just the OS,
> will finally use the Intel architecture the way it is supposed to be
> used!  I, for one am excited for this.  Intel processors have advanced
> much further,under much less power than PPC, so I can see huge leaps and
> bounds by apple in the near future.

Yes but Apple was never an OS or software company.  They have always
been a Hardware company.  Do you honestly think they want to take on,
and can take on, Dell+Wintel?  I really don't think so.  The moment
Apple becomes just an OS/Software company is the moment they lose.

I think the G5 kicks the P4's butt in power consumption, heat output and
processing power.  Pentium-M for laptops, though.  that's another story.

Michael