actiontec, qworst, and unhappiness

Glen Wagley gwagley at wagdog.net
Fri Jun 3 12:50:34 MDT 2005

On Fri,  3 Jun 2005 at 11:43 -0600, Hans Fugal scribbled:
>My actiontec (the wireless one that qwest rents these days) hasn't
>needed attention for a couple of months. I don't know if it's just luck,
>or if it has to do with my doing pppoe in linux and not on the modem.
>(your ISP needs to support this - you _are_ using xmission right?)

Doh! I'm using CSolutions actually. I believe they use PPPoA (someone correct me
if I'm wrong). The router I have (a ghetto SMC barricade) only handles PPPoE so
    I had to setup the Actiontec to be a bridge only. What is the trick to
    getting Qwest to send a replacement? Locking up a few times a week doesn't
    seem to be a big deal to them...
--
Glen Wagley <gwagley at wagdog.net>