actiontec, qworst, and unhappiness

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Jun 3 11:43:35 MDT 2005

A cisco wouldn't be a bad way to go, but if you're looking for a cheaper
solution you may be able to set up your linux box to do part of the
work.

My actiontec (the wireless one that qwest rents these days) hasn't
needed attention for a couple of months. I don't know if it's just luck,
or if it has to do with my doing pppoe in linux and not on the modem.
(your ISP needs to support this - you _are_ using xmission right?)

A previous actiontec bit the dust with no more abuse than unplugging and
plugging to power cycle it when it was not working. Since I'm renting,
they just sent me a new one, but I would hate to have bought the thing.
I don't think I'd buy an actiontec.