actiontec, qworst, and unhappiness

Loren Chandler loren at shopsite.com
Fri Jun 3 10:50:13 MDT 2005

I'll assume you have the Actiontec 1520 or 1524? I had the same kind of
problems with mine, so I just switched to an Actiontec GT704-WG, the
4-port cousin of the GT701-WG that Qwest is selling now, since I heard
that didn't have as many problems. I am happy with it so far, and I have
also discovered it is running a Linux kernel (2.4.x) and firewall, and
has a busybox command shell language (although I don't know how useful
this is yet). The power switch on the back alone makes it worth the
money (no more unplugging and plugging back in even if I do have to
power-cycle). It also has 802.11g built-in so I sold my wireless router,
clearing up another power outlet and recovering some lost desk real estate.

-Loren