DVD Burner recommendations?

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Fri Jul 29 11:37:23 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 11:12 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> Linux found the burner with no problems. I then installed k3b, which
> recognized the burner all by itself.
>
> I then tried burning the latest Knoppix on two CD-RWs. Both
> failed. I'm going to try them on my CD burner. It has consistently
> produced good CD-RWs with these, Memorex. (In fact, I've had good
> enough results with the Memorex CD-RWs that I ordered Memorex
> DVD+RWs.)

If you don't have any success, you could return the 3520 to buy.com and
exchange it for the 3540, which is the next newer model, and almost the
same price.

That said, I have never had a bad burn with my 3520, either with usb, or
built-in.  But I don't ever use cd-rws, so I dunno.  DVDs and CDRs work
great for me.