X display access, "no matter what"

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Wed Jul 27 15:05:38 MDT 2005

OK, first of all, I've decided even worse than reply-to munging is
not getting the message from the list because it went directly to me.
But I'm not going into that further now.... to tired for that.

* Jonathan Ellis [Wed, 27 Jul 2005 at 13:58 -0700]
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:46:35 -0600, "Von Fugal" <von at fugal.net> said:
> > This computer is hooked up to a TV and the
> > most likely reason for being turned off is because the TV showed the
> > computer and not TV.
>
> Maybe I'm just slow, but I couldn't get this to make sense.

Roommate comes into room to watch TV. He turns on the TV and sees brown
ubuntu-ness and a terminal. Instead of switching the input on the VCR,
Roommate proceeds to turn of computer. TV goes blank and Roommate
scratches head. Who knows if Roommate ever figured it out, but maybe he
then switched the input (or turned off the VCR) after sentencing the
computer to dark oblivion. Roommate returns to work, or whatever it is
Roommate does.

That's pretty much how I imagine it all went down.

Von Fugal