finding tensai's brilliance

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Jul 27 11:07:42 MDT 2005

It's an age old problem, writing shell loops that deal well with
filenames containing spaces. Sometime within the last few months, tensai
mentioned a brilliant method using read in a bash loop. I thought it was
here on the Plug list, but I guess it was on #utah. I'm sure I'll make
the mistake again, so I'm archiving the knowledge here for everyone to
enjoy. (And if you didn't notice, I also threw in a bunch of keywords
for good luck.)

Without further delay, I give you the evidence of tensai's brilliance:

find /tmp/ -type f | while read I; do echo $I; done

Stuart Jansen                   e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org

using enough of it." - Chris Maden