redundant NICs

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Mon Jul 25 14:08:58 MDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 at 13:00 -0600, Lars Rasmussen wrote:
> switching contexts?  "NICs never fail"?  Wasn't said.

eating pancakes? Ok, you're right, nobody said that. What you did say
was that you would be more worried about things with moving parts
failing than a NIC (a thing without moving parts). I totally agree.

> Precisly.  The statement, "I'm quite sure all those problems combined
> are more frequent than failing power supplies." cites yourself as the
> authority(therfore an appeal to authority) and is a generalization
> based on an admitted small sampling of your own experience.

Whatever.

> > I admit to not having done a scientific statistical study, but it
> > doesn't take a study to recognize that NIC connectivity loss happens.
>
> I don't see where you're going here - am I supposed to adopt a new
> premise & context of our arguement that "NICs never fail"?

I'm sorry, I have tried but have not been able to parse that statement.
I didn't take wikipedia debate in high school.