DVD Burner recommendations?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sun Jul 24 21:36:32 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 18:57 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 17:34 -0600, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 16:43 -0600, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> > > My mind boggles thinking that this might be a reasonable request.
> I'm
> > > amazed at how far we've come.
> >
> > I'm looking for a modem.  It has to work with Linux.  That's all.
>
> Any more expensive modem will work.  And definitely external modems
> work.

Sorry, I left out the sarcasm tags.

I am also amazed at how easy it has become to run most hardware.  I was
just pointing out that it is still *far* from perfect.  The modem bit
was an easy jab.  Every time I help someone install Linux on their
machine, the modem issue comes up.  The nice thing is that high speed
connections are making modems less and less important.

Gabe