Languages and Books

Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Fri Jul 22 15:04:51 MDT 2005

Jeff Schroeder wrote:

>I'm not saying taking a few classes is the only way to overcome these
>sorts of problems, but a degree and a "well rounded" education will
>take you a lot farther than a bucketload of deep, specialized technical
>knowledge.
>
>$0.02,
>Jeff

And I totally agree on this point, I even stated I felt general
education was important.  But is only 1/3 or even 1/4 of your classes
load relating to your major really that common?  Many of you have
degrees, so was your program that off balance?  What about technical
schools like ITT.  Not them specifically, but the type.  I'm just trying
to determine if I came accross really poor programs or if that is just
how it is everywhere.

Eric