Languages and Books

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Fri Jul 22 14:29:22 MDT 2005

On Jul 22, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Bryan Sant wrote:

> On 7/22/05, Kimball Larsen <kimball at kimballlarsen.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Most of them were Visual Basic programmers
>>
> <snip>
>
>> c) could only solve problems with Visual Basic.
>>

> Do you really think a degree would matter for these people?

Yes, it would have.  I didn't say they were incapable of learning new
ways of doing things, only that they had never been forced to, and
getting motivated and out of their comfort zones with VB proved
difficult.  Just because the corp culture was changing, they did not
lose jobs - just got to maintain existing products, rather than
develop new ones.

-- Kimball