Self Employment

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Jul 22 01:19:51 MDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 at 21:38 -0600, Lars Rasmussen wrote:
> This thread has been very helpful.

Yes, it has. In spite of the IANA[LA] nonsense. When has lack of
expertise been grounds for not posting on PLUG (or /. for that matter)?
Seriously, though, there's a distinction between legal advice and legal
education, and I think we should feel free to share our knowledge about
the law. It is always smart (and cost-effective) to go to your
lawyer/accountant with as much knowledge as possible. In fact I
overheard the company lawyer tell someone on the phone today: don't ask
the question if you don't know the answer. (Whatever that means. :-)
Thanks again to everyone who pitched in.

I've decided it's worth the $25 to pick up a book[1] (written by a lawyer,
yes yes) and investigate further.

1. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/141330088X/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1/104-3470750-2553548