Yum vs Apt

Richard Esplin richjunk1 at byu.net
Thu Jul 21 14:57:40 MDT 2005

I find apt4rpm to be a very clumsy tool to use. Even Debian has largely
abandoned the artificial distinction between apt-get and apt-cache. Aptitude,
like Yum, is much easier to use. Thankfully, Aptitude does not insist on
doing a cache update before every transaction. I'm surprised that the Yum
developers decided that spending five seconds between every single command to
check for repository changes was a good idea.

Richard Esplin