Fedora Core 4 Yum and Playboy?

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Thu Jul 21 10:29:19 MDT 2005

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> I think I'm going to get myself noticed.  I was updating FC4 and the
> mirror it was trying to use was playboy.com [1].  That will raise some
> eyebrows when the squid proxy logs get chewed.  The update timed out
> because our ACL lists wouldn't allow that site.
>
> How long has this been the case?

May I suggest when the morality police come to your desk with the branding
irons, red paint, and stencils, just tell them the truth.

> (I usually use apt-get so I wouldn't know)?

Yum is superior to apt4rpm in just about every way now. There's really no
good reason to continue using apt4rpm.

Playboy may be propogating evil with their pornography empire, but at least
they're embracing open source! :)

  "We will oil your sewing machine and adjust tension in your home for
   $1.00"
     -- Seen in an advertisement