2005 OLS is this week!

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Mon Jul 18 19:48:16 MDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 03:05:35PM -0700, Chris Carey wrote:
> Id be interested in hearing what eCryptFs has to offer against other
> non-key based systems such as cryptoloop, loop-aes, and dm-crypt.

The OLS proceedings will be available after the end of the week; you
can read my paper then. With regard to these particular filesystems,
eCryptfs associates keys with individual files, whereas the likes of
dm-crypt associates keys with entire block devices (that makes things
like secure incremental backups somewhat tricky). That's just one out
of at least a dozen features...

Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow

Most people aren't thought about after they're gone. "I wonder where
Mike got the plutonium" is better than what most get.