2005 OLS is this week!

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Mon Jul 18 15:27:59 MDT 2005

Linux enthusiasts, that time of year has come again...

The 2005 Ottawa Linux Symposium, the largest annual technical Linux
conference in the world, is taking place this week. Expect to see some
Slashdot articles on it. The schedule is here:

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/schedule.php

I will be speaking on eCryptfs, my cryptographic filesystem, on
Thursday:

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=46

My coworker, Emily Ratliff, is going to be presenting on my team's
work to enable Trusted Computing under Linux:

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=50

Doc Shankar, another coworker, will be talking about security
certification (I was a core engineer in the original CAPP/EAL3 and
CAPP/EAL4 security certifications of SLES; what a ride!):

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=18

Another coworker in my team, Mounir Bsaibas, will be talking about the
new auditing subsystem of the Linux kernel that we are developing:

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=36

Everyone's favorite Rusty Russel will be talking about a userspace
netfilter simulation environment for Linux kernel testing:

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=70

I'm looking forward to this one ; Greg K-H is going to help a group
write their own Linux device driver from scratch (buy the USB device,
then write a driver for it, and have it working by the end of the
tutorial):

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=27

Other talks that look interesting to me:

http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=64
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=56
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=22
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=57
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=83
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=128
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=13
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=43
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=113
http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2005/view_abstract.php?content_key=151

Looks like there's something for everyone at this year's OLS. Stay
tuned...

Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow

"To reject that part of the Buddha that attends to the analysis of
motorcycles is to miss the Buddha entirely."
 - Robert Pirsig