Hacking the Linksys WRT54G

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Jul 18 13:31:25 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 12:36 -0600, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 10:23 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> > > If you get into this, be careful not to "brick" one trying to double
> > > the available ram.  I had two new WRTs and it worked on the one but
> > > I got burned on the other.  I shouldn't have taken the chance :(
> >
> > My WRT54GS has 32 mb of RAM.  Is it possible to add more?  I thinking
> > having more ram and a memory card reader would be really great.
>
> http://blog.waja.info/?q=node/40
>
> The hack goes from 16 to 32.  It would do you no good.

The main reason I bought the wrt54gs was to get 32 mb of ram plus the
extra flash (8mb instead of 4).  So if anyone is thinking about running
openwrt, it certainly runs great on the 54g (and the ram upgrade will
make it even better), but the 54gs gives you a bit more flexibility.

> Sorry,

np.  Life is good.

Michael