Hacking the Linksys WRT54G

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sun Jul 17 23:07:41 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 16:33 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> After reviewing the alternatives, I settled on openwrt[4].

I also settled on OpenWRT for all the same reasons.  It is a very
hackable, cheap and reliable chunk of hardware.

If you get into this, be careful not to "brick" one trying to double the
available ram.  I had two new WRTs and it worked on the one but I got
burned on the other.  I shouldn't have taken the chance :(

This would make a very cool meeting topic.

Gabe