Self Employment

Hans Fugal hans at
Fri Jul 15 16:09:25 MDT 2005

I tried the archives because I could swear we discussed this recently,
but to no avail. I blame the plug sysadmin.

I'm going to start doing some contract work. I always hear these
jargon-filled statements about setting up some sort of corporation or
LLC or something, but I have no clue what that all means yet. But I set
up my own DNS and mail servers so maybe this is for me. ;-) Where do you
find the manpages about this stuff?

We discussed getting yourself an accountant, that much I did find. Is
that still good advice for part-time consulting work? Will any old (or
young) accountant do, or do they have to specialize in self employment

 ..O | Debian, vim, mutt, ruby, text, gpg