UT Lisp Users Group?

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Thu Jul 14 14:15:36 MDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:55:08AM -0600, Josh Coates wrote:
> >No such thing as the perfect or best language.
>
> wrong.  everyone knows that it has already been decided and proven which
> language is best.  it says right here in this here graph:
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/great/benchmark.php?test=sumcol&lang=all&s
> ort=fullcpu

D Rules!  It's what Java and C# dream of being when they grow up.

I used Zortech C++ for years, so my opinion of D is based on 3 things:

The specifications and features look good.

The benchmarks look good.

Walter Bright did it!

One of these days I'll actually get around to using it for something.

Barry