UT Lisp Users Group?

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Thu Jul 14 13:01:38 MDT 2005

Bryan Sant wrote:

>>the answer is D from Digital Mars.  geesh.  c'mon, get with the program and
>>rewriting your code in D.

Hum, this D sctuff sounds interesting.  Anyone here really used D much
and know it's intracies?

After being in my PERL cave for a while coding away, I'm now discovering
other languages I'd like to try: Ruby, D, Lisp and a few others.  But
like others I feel comfortable with ones I use frequently or "grew up"
on (most are relics now like Cobol, Fortran, RPG II & III, oh and my
favorite... card punch entry), but PERL and C++ has pretty much replaced
them for applications I'm coding out (as well as fit into my coding
comfort zones).

but as to the original topic: I've sorta ignored this thread, but Lisp
sounds interesting, and I don't have any real experience with it, so I'd
be interested in being a newbie on it.

Mister Ed
PS - did I mention I also dislike PHP?  Well ... I prefer sucking on
rusty nails to wading thru PHP code (or fixing it).  But since I don't
do rusty nails...