Asterisk and the Digium Wildcard TE110P (Slightly On Topic)

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Jul 13 23:44:01 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 00:05 -0500, Jared Smith wrote:
> > What have you all setup?  What is the easiest/best?
>
> You'll want to call Digium and talk to them about it, as I don't
> remember off the top of my head which ones are supported.  I think it
> is plain HDLC that you want, but it's been too long since I've done
> anything like that.  You'll also want to talk to ELI and make sure
> that they'll give you partial PRI on the voice half of the circuit
> (one D channel, plus a bunch of B channels), and not just channelized
> (CAS) T1 channels.
>
> Hope that helps...

I does help.

We worked with both ELI and Digium and we couldn't get call progress
detection working with the TDM cards.  It has gotten to the point where
we need to get this going or look somewhere else.  I'm told the
signaling with PRI is spot-on and shouldn't give us any problems.  I'm
hoping so.

After talking to our ELI rep, I think we are going to let them break out
the data and hand of a CAT5 for data and a T1 for 11 voice lines.  We'll
see how that works and take it from there.

Thanks for your help.

Gabe