Asterisk and the Digium Wildcard TE110P (Slightly On Topic)

Jared Smith jared.jsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:05:13 MDT 2005

On 7/12/05, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> I'm getting rid of my TDM cards and looking to use a TE110P with my
> ISP/TelCo (ELI) and Asterisk.

Woo hoo!

> Does anyone have any experience with this card?

Too much, I'm afraid.

> I'm especially
> interested in the part about using it for data and voice.  Right now we
> have a product from ELI called the "Custom T".  It's a truncated T1.  We
> get data from one half and voice on the other (via POTS).  We want PRI
> for the voice and we don't know what we want for the data.  The choices
> are...
>
>       * Cicso HDLC
>       * HDLC
>       * PPP
>       * Multilink PPP
>       * Frame Relay
>
> What have you all setup?  What is the easiest/best?

You'll want to call Digium and talk to them about it, as I don't
remember off the top of my head which ones are supported.  I think it
is plain HDLC that you want, but it's been too long since I've done
anything like that.  You'll also want to talk to ELI and make sure
that they'll give you partial PRI on the voice half of the circuit
(one D channel, plus a bunch of B channels), and not just channelized
(CAS) T1 channels.

Hope that helps...

-Jared

P.S.  Here's my shameless plug, which unfortunately won't answer your
question (at least until the second edition!):
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk/